Housing and Dining Accommodations

Stevens recognizes students with disabilities may need specific housing and dining accommodations to fully participate in campus life. The university provides these accommodations in compliance with federal disability laws.

Housing Accommodations

The Office of Disability Services (ODS) will work in conjunction with the Office of Residential and Dining Services to provide housing accommodations for eligible students.

We encourage you to review the Housing Accommodation Request Procedure for more information.

Personal Care Assistant Request Form

Stevens Institute of Technology makes every reasonable effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act. In keeping with this commitment, Personal Care Attendants (PCAs) may be needed to address the personal needs of a student with a disability so that they can participate in the University's activities, services, and programs. A PCA is defined as a person who provides personal care/assistance (chronic or temporary) to a student with a disability or other health care needs with activities of daily living including nursing services or assistance with normal life functions. As part of the process for having a PCA approved to accompany a student on campus, the PCA Request Form must be signed and submitted.

Dining Accommodations

Stevens Dining features a wide variety of wholesome and delicious menu selections that support the local economy, celebrate the diversity of the campus and promote sustainability.

In addition to comprehensive dining services, the university supports students with dietary restrictions and food allergies. Dining services works diligently to help these students develop plans to obtain proper nutrition in a manner that fits their life. Students with specific dietary needs are encouraged to speak with the Registered Dietitian in Dining Services. To set up an appointment with our dietitian, please email dietitian@stevens.edu.

In some instances, additional arrangements may need to be coordinated. The ODS regularly coordinates dining accommodations in partnership with Dining Services. We recommend first meeting with the university dietician. If additional disability accommodations are necessary, students should register with the ODS by submitting documentation and requesting accommodations, so that the ODS can work with them to develop accommodation plans.